A concealer is a type of cosmetic that is used for dark cycles, age spots and other small blemishes visible on the skin. It is used to hide different pigments on the skin. Concealer is available in many varieties of shades. People choose one or two concealers lighter than the color of the skin. Foundation is similar to concealer.
Both concealer and foundation are available in a wide range of opacity. Difference between concealer and foundation are as follows:
- Concealer is used to hide the small spots on the skin. Foundation is used to make the face beautiful.
- Concealer should not be applied all over the face. it is used only to hide the spots on the face. Foundation is used to apply large areas and it is applied all over the face and neck.
- Concealer is thick that makes it an ideal choice for spot treatment. Foundation prepares the faces for a makeup application.
- Concealer is as the stick, liquid, and powder. Foundation comes as liquid, cream, powder, waterproof, spray and cream to liquid form.
- Concealers are available in all possible colors. The colors should be chosen according to skin color. Foundation can be mixed with different colors and formulates to create the desired effects.
Is concealer and foundation are the same – no, but they are similar to each other. Concealer is used for hiding the marks and spots on the face. Foundation is used to make the face beautiful. Concealer can’t be applied all over the face. Foundation can be applied all over the face. How foundation vs. concealer is is shown below
It is the second makeup step after primer. Some may prefer to swap this step but it is generally based on the creation of the makeup base. Foundation will work great as long as you are satisfied and comfortable with your makeup look. The main job of the foundation is to hide flaws and to change the natural skin color. Based on the skin color you can choose a suitable foundation.
Concealer is the third step after the foundation in makeup base. If you skip any of the two steps then it is better to skip the third step also. Because there is no use in applying the concealer without doing the first two-step. It should be kept in mind that concealer is the last step in the makeup base. Concealer should not be applied all over the face. It is used just to hide the small spots and pimples on the face.